Notice to the general public that the school of Postgraduate Studies of Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) have announced the sales of 2018/2019 Postgraduate admission application form.
FUTA Postgraduate Admission Requirements
(i) Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- A first degree in the relevant
- Higher National Diploma (HND) of at least Lower Credit level or its equivalent in the relevant or related
- Professional qualifications acceptable in the University, such as ACA, AIB, ACCA, ACIS, or equivalent for the Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science only.
(ii) Master of Agric. Technology/Master of Engineering/Master of Technology
(M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech.)
- A good Bachelors degree of at least Second Class Lower Division of The Federal University of Technology, Akure, in the appropriate
- A good Bachelors degree from other recognized Universities, in the appropriate discipline.
- Higher National Diploma of at least Lower Credit level and in addition, the candidate must have a Postgraduate Diploma (at Upper Credit level) in the appropriate
(iii) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D)
- A good Masters degree in the appropriate discipline with a CGPA of 3.50 and/or 60% minimum average
- Any other qualification approved by Senate.
Duration of FUTA Postgraduate Programmes
(i) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- Full-Time students shall normally spend between eighteen (18) and twenty-four (24) months.
(ii) Masters Programmes
- Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech./ Professional
Students shall normally be required to spend between eighteen (18) and twenty- four (24) months.
(ii) M. Phil. Programme
- Students shall normally be required to spend between eighteen (18) and twenty- four (24)
- A candidate may transfer from M. Phil. to Ph.D programme after completing the course-work and fulfilling all other approved
(iii) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) Programme
- Full-Time candidates may defend their theses between thirty-six (36) and sixty (60) months.
- Part-Time candidates may defend their theses between forty-eight (48) and seventy-two (72)
Note: Applicants are no longer required to present O’Level results for postgraduate admissions into the University.
How To Apply For FUTA Postgraduate Admission For 2018/2019 Academic Session
METHODS OF APPLICATION
- Candidates should process their application on-line at the University’s website (http//www.futa.edu.ng), (arcsstee.org), and (www.rectas.org) using the e-tranzact method with payment made to the School of Postgraduate Studies account.
- Application forms for postgraduate programmes are sold for N20,000.00 (Ph. D), N20,000.00 (Masters), and N20,000.00 (PGD) only
Non–FUTA graduates should ensure that the official transcript from their Institutions is directed to the address below using the transcript label in the application form and indicating the target Department of study) latest six (6) weeks from the date of this advertisement:
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES,
ATTN: DEPARTMENT OF…..……. THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY,
P.M.B. 704, AKURE,
ONDO STATE, NIGERIA.