The management of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has activated the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) portal where UTME and Direct Entry candidates can accept or reject their admission offer.
As part of JAMB new admission policy, all admission would be done online through the Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS), consequently, all candidates seeking admission into Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and Other tertiary institutions in Nigeria for the 2018/2019 Academic Session are advised to visit the JAMB CAPS portal to check their admission status and also indicate the acceptance or rejection of their admission.
Some institutions may not publish the list of candidates admitted into their various programmes on their own portal or notice board. So, admission seekers are advised to continually check JAMB CAPS to track their admission status.
PLEASE NOTE : Once you accept the admission, your admission quest is over as you will no longer be available for other schools’ admission consideration. On the other hand, if you reject the admission, you become available to other schools who have free admission slots for admission consideration.
What is JAMB CAPS?
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is a platform created to ensuring quality control, transparency and credibility of the admission process.
The Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is expected to make provision for a ‘market place’ in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and ‘request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.’
The system is such that institutions can only admit those who meet their cut off points. If a candidate fails to meet the cut off mark, that student would certainly be denied admission irrespective of the candidate’s connection.
How to Accept or Reject Admission on JAMB CAPS.
SEE ALSO: How to Check JAMB Admission Status .
How to ACCEPT or REJECT Admission on JAMB CAPS Using PC:
1. Go to JAMB E-facility portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/ .
2. Supply your Email Address and Password in the required columns and then login.
3. Then locate and click on ‘ Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS ‘.
4. Select ‘Admission Status ‘ on the left panel.
5. Locate and click on the ‘ Search‘ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to load your profile.
6. You can now accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’.
How to ACCEPT or REJECT Admission on JAMB CAPS Using Mobile Device:
Note : If you are using a phone, you may not see the option to check your Admission Status on CAPS. Most phone users may only see the welcome message. The caps page shows only welcome because it requires you to use desktop mode to view the complete page. This is why the chrome browser is recommended if you are a using a phone. All you need to do is go to Chrome option and choose request desktop site for the complete page to display as explained below:
1. Go to http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/ .
2. Login with your registered Email and Password.
3. Locate and click on ‘ Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS ‘.
4. You will be welcomed with a white screen like this: ( you can click on the image for better view)
5. Select the three doted line at the top right-corner of your browser ( i.e. ⋮ ) and then tick ‘Desktop site ‘. (you can click on the image for better view)
6. Select ‘Admission Status ‘ on the left panel.
7. Locate and click on the ‘ Search‘ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to load your profile.
8. You can now accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’.
NB: Acceptance/rejection of admission offer is free!
Candidates who have been offered admission on JAMB CAPS are to equally print their admission letter after accepting the admission, as they will likely need this during clearance and registration in the school that they have been admitted.
Information for those who are yet to be admitted.
Candidates who have not been offered admission should closely monitor their admission through JAMB CAPS.
Candidates who used “awaiting result” during their registration are to upload their O’Level result on JAMB portal so that their institution of choice will be able to process their admission.
Have you been admitted? Share you success story in the comments section below.