Speaking just one foreign language or perhaps the universal language is not enough.
The importance of acquiring the ability to speak the French language has become more imperative especially with the continuous integration of countries.
Students who speak several languages will increase their chances of finding a job, whether at home or abroad.
Here are few reasons why you need to consider learning French:
· Learning another language enriches the mind and opens up new horizons, both personal and professional.
· French is a major language of international communication. It is the second most widely used language after English and the sixth most widely spoken language in the world.
· French is also the second most widely taught language after English and it is taught on every continent.
· Notably, the OIF, an international organisation of French-speaking countries, is made up of 77 member States and governments. France also operates the biggest international network of cultural institutes, which run French-language course for close on a million learners.
· The ability to speak both French and English is an advantage for finding a job with the many multinational companies using French as their working language in a wide range of sectors
· The ability to speak French makes it so much more enjoyable to visit Paris and French speaking countries/regions.
· Learning French offers insights into France’s culture and way of life. Speaking French comes in handy when travelling to French-speaking parts of the world.
For example, the countries surrounding Nigeria are all French speaking countries, which explains why French is the most preferred foreign language after English.
Another benefit is that one could work as a French teacher in Nigerian schools that offers French as a subject.
One could also work in foreign embassies of countries whose official language is French.
The very obvious reason to learn a new language is to be able to communicate with the people who speak it.
This includes the people you meet when traveling as well as people in your community.
Your visit to another country will be greatly enhanced in ease of communication and friendliness if you speak the language.